Thursday, February 26, 2009

Darwin Award Goes To: Unidentified Woman

Suffolk County Police Fourth Squad detectives are investigating a crash that killed a woman after she stole a taxi this morning.

An unidentified woman stole a vehicle owned by Village Taxi from the Ronkonkoma train station and fled north on Hawkins Avenue at 6:20 a.m. The woman lost control of the vehicle, struck a tree and she was ejected.

The woman was transported by the Ronkonkoma Fire Department to Stony Brook University Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

The vehicle was impounded for a safety check and the investigation is continuing. Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call the Fourth Squad at 631-854-8452.

UPDATE:
Alicia Cary, 33, of 2A Carlton Place Hicksville, has been identified as the woman who stole a taxi, crashed into a tree, and died at Stony Brook University Medical Center.

6 Comments:

Disastronaut said...

maybe she did it on PURPOSE. ever think about that, Mr. Smartypants?!

Editor said...

Now that you mention it, I heard that anti-environmentalists have adopted new kamikaze tactics to combat the treehuggers. So you may be right.

mowdys said...

You're catching on. Death is a Darwin Award prerequisite. I notice that the last two were given to idiots who, despite their idiocy, were fortunate enough to live and thus procreate, contributing to the dumbing-down of the Brookhaven area gene pool. Finally, a worthy recipient!

Anonymous said...

Alright! I'm so happy you finally got the Darwin Award thing right. Congrats!

Editor said...

Yes bt. I was so happy to find a bt approved example of a Darwin Award. I ran into the streets and was joined in by my neighbors for a musical ensemble. My face was filled with tears of joy as I was finally able to conform and meet your expectations.

Anonymous said...

Damn, sorry I missed all that. Next time perhaps. And it looks like I wasn't the only one that noticed. ;)

All kidding aside, keep up the good work.